Resting place of the Lost Ark

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michigan Smith from spider-wm062.proxy.aol.com (205.188.199.177) on Sunday, December 02, 2001 at 1:28am :

So today I watched the TLC special on the Ark of Covenant. Now some may find this sacreligious or blasphemy, but I had this thought. If one is to believe the Ark may be in this temple in Ethopia, and it is guarded by one whole monk, why doesn't someone just go over there, push this monk aside, and barge in and see what's really inside that temple? From the pictures, it looked about as secure as your average high school. Obviously, violence or the threat of violence to view or confirm the existence of a holy religious artifact presents some ethical issues, but wouldn't ya just like to know for sure? I'm thinking 10 or 12 well trained guys oughta' be able to handle a few monks and villagers, and put a few guys back on a surveillance position to see how the whole thing goes down (just in case this monk has the power of God and wipes out your team of 10-12 guys). But even then, we'd know what was in there! Would Indy have a problem sneaking into a temple while the guard was asleep to retrieve something? I think not.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com