Re: I'm his baby!

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anejo Joe from 185.raleigh-05-10rs16rt.nc.dial-access.att.net (12.77.117.185) on Sunday, December 02, 2001 at 8:34am :

In Reply to: I'm his baby! posted by The Graduate from host-216-79-215-156.sld.bellsouth.net (216.79.215.156) on Saturday, December 01, 2001 at 5:29pm :

: He was a supporter of the Nazi's air superiority. He went to the Pacific as a "civilian observer" but he talked them into letting him fly. He, in fact, shot down one plane. However, he was only appointed to brigadier general during the 1950's. He really was an interesting man.
: Ben
: FG, you know I don't know how to spell. :)

I think it is a little strong to say Lindburg was a supporter of NAZI air power. He was impressed by it, as Göring was by Lindburg. He (Lindburg) was upexpectedly awarded a NAZI medal at a state function, which he should have refused, but didn't. Lindburg strongly believed that the US should not be involved in the European war. He was certainly not alone in this, but he was a very prominent spokesman, and thus incurred the wrath of FDR who never forgave him.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com