I'll try

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0023.cvx40-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net (216.244.42.23) on Monday, December 03, 2001 at 6:41am :

In Reply to: Hey guys! Me again. posted by TXBelle826 from dhcp029231.library.nwu.edu (129.105.29.231) on Sunday, December 02, 2001 at 10:21pm :

: I have some more questins for one and all:

: 1) I saw that some of you collect the props. How do you go about getting them? How much are they? Why?
I don't collect props.

: 2) Do you think that you can be Indy in the 21st Century? How?
Uhm, no. I don't think I can (or want to) be a fictional character. Although, some of my friends may disagree on this point. They think I AM fictional. ;)

: 3) Has Indy inspired any of you to get involved in archaeology or history? Why? Tell me your story.
No. Indy has inspired my thirst for adventure.

: 4) What is your most memorable Indy moment? This is not from the films but a moment when you felt like Indy.
Well, I and a buddy went spelunking, and I set his jacket sleeve accidentally on fire. Seriously...

: 5) Have any of you traveled to the scenes of the movies? Which ones? When? Why?
You mean shooting locations? Well, right of the top of my head:

1. Arches National Park, Utah (LC opening sequence). It's impossible to miss the spot where Indy climbs around the rocks. Some of the scenes seem to have been filmed in Antilope Canyon or Canyon DeChelly. I'm not sure which. Either way, I was there. I go to Utah (and Arizona, Colorado, and New Mexico) whenever I can, it's beautiful.

2. Mammoth Mountain, Mono, CA (ToD, "Nepal"). There's another spot along Tioga Road (Yosemite) where they filmed. I'm sure of it. It looked familiar when I was there. I go there once or twice a year.

3. Treasure Island, SF Bay Area, CA (Fake Berlin Airport). I live close by.

4. Hamilton Air Field, Marin, CA (Shanghai Airport in ToD). It's right off 101. I drive by all the time.

5. Fairfax or San Anselmo (I'm not sure which it is), Marin County, CA (Indy's house in Raiders). I pass through Fairfax all the time.

6. Mt. Tam, Marin, CA (Motorcycle chase in LC). It's a popular recreational area. I go there pretty often.

7. Oakland. The current resting place (at a museum) of the flying boat from Raiders.

I never really went looking for any of those locations. I more or less came upon them. Well, I did look for Indy's house and the plane. ;)

FG
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL: