I still think Indy4 should NOT be made

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by German Mechanic from hc6524631.dhcp.vt.edu (198.82.70.49) on Tuesday, December 04, 2001 at 1:31am :

In Reply to: Update on Indy 4 posted by James from host-216-78-21-19.cae.bellsouth.net (216.78.21.19) on Monday, December 03, 2001 at 1:13am :

Ok, i know this looks long, but hear me out, And respond, i want to know why so many people want an Indy 4 -

I still think the best option for Indy os to keep the trilogy as it is. I mean and Indy 4 whould be way off line with the current movies. First, these are different times, with sensorship concerns (as we've seen by the new eddition of E.T - Imagina if they took all guns out of an Indy movie!). Second because of the technical revolutions, i fear that CGI would be used, which LC did use, but was very limmited. Indy is supposed to be a 'B' movie, that comes from the mouth of Spielburg himself, and is a major factor why we love the movies so much - because most of stuff that happenes in the movie, really happened on the set. Unlike Eppisode 1, were pretty much the only things that really exist are a few of the actors. Also, we are faced with an older Ford - yah he claims to be able to do the phisical work, and make up can make him look younger, but you can't take back 10 years of professional maturing - his acting style has inevitably changed. One other thing I fear is that Lucas would use an Indy4 movie merly to test techniques for Star Wars. In one of the interviews for the young Indy movies, he talks about how he was experimenting with CGI armies in the young indy movie, and then once he saw it works, used it in Star Wars. Another thing i'm afraid of is that they'll alter the Indy style, to something they think is more 'hip', in order to sell more ticketes. Like adding rock music to the score. I would have to ask Lucas: 'Why do you seek to make an Indy4 - for Indy's glory, or for yours?'

A better alternative (must be in this order):
1.) re-release all the movies on the big screen, like they did with Star Wars.
2.) release the movies on DVD, with lots of special featues, of course.
3.) release the rest of the "complete" adventures of young indy movies. (preferably release all on dvd - preferably more than one eppisode on each dvd).

please post why you dissagree/agree
and Thanks for reading.

: What? An Indy film without the mountain peak fade-in?

:
: TheRaider.net has an update on what may be happening with the rights to a fourth "Indiana Jones" film...

: As we reported earlier that the unknown future of Indiana Jones 4 has been under control by Paramount Studios for the past several years. In an interview to Starlog and Empire Magazine Spielberg said "he and Lucas are having problems with Paramount in getting the fourth Indiana Jones installment launched." It may be that those problems are finally coming to an end.

: According to our reliable tipster who has send us accurate information in the past reveals that the 20.5 year Indiana Jones franchise contract with Paramount Pictures has just expired. What does that mean? The possibility of Indiana Jones 4 finally getting underway perhaps with DreamWorks this time. The anonymous individual also tells us that work on the DVDs are underway but no timetable has been set.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com