Re: DON'T do that!!! Hummmmm

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on December 13, 1998 at 12:11:48:

In Reply to: DON'T do that!!! posted by Dale Dassel on December 11, 1998 at 15:47:40:

: : : Is the pre-distressed version simply painted on, or is it really worn? I was just wondering if they used some sort of process to rapidly age it or if it's just paint. if so, does the paint look and feel realisitic?

: : The distressed look is not painted on. They put the jacket in a special dryer with some fine rocks. This gives the jacket the distressed look. As I said before, the jacket looks great. However, if you are going to order one, ask them to make the side pocket openings a little wider. I have a hard time getting my hands in the pockets and it is almost impossible to get them out. Don't get me wrong, I love the jacket. If I had enough money I would order another one just like it.

: It wouldn't be good to put your hands in the handwarmer slits.
: They are not really designed for that. They are made to slip the
: adjusting straps into. If you put your hands inside and have a
: difficult time getting them out- be warned that you may be
: starting to make the pocket edges come unstitched. Mine did that.
: Peter says if I send it back, he will fix it for free, but I
: don't have the $30 plus for mailing it back to the United Kingdom.
: He said that there are repair shops here that can do the job.
: I'm looking into it.

: -Dale

Dale, I've read that you and several others seem to have this problem, and that puzzles me. I have very large hands, and I have had no problems at all using my pockets as hand warmers or anything else, nor do I have any stress or strain on the stitching as you have described. Very interesting. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]