What has Indy taught you about life?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jerico from 203.176.18.33 on December 14, 1998 at 04:31:22:

I've religiously followed Indy and his adventures ever since he entered that temple ruin in Raiders. Initially, it was just common curiosity (and the fact that I was just a kid then, and was attracted to ALL adventure films. Yes, including copycats such as King Solomon's Mines and Romancing the Stone). As I took a closer look, however, I learned to separate the diamond from the glass imitators. Books followed, and I begun to see Indy in a new light. In fact, in my humble opinion, the books do a more detailed look on Indy's character than the movies (but when it comes to action and pacing, the movies rule). From those, I've learned some basic life lessons from professor Henry Jones, Jr.
I've learned to be myself, and it doesn't matter what other people think of me, just as long as I know that what I was doing is right. His quick thinking and presence of mind also influenced me a great deal, and it's not just with keeping up with wisecracks, although I have to admit that I'm practicing that talent. Indy also taught me to see through peoples' skins, and judge them not by how they speak but by what morals they stood and by how they think. And ever the gentleman, I strived hard to be like Indy --- always the ladies' man, in a roguish sort of way.
I could go on and on. But it would take forever. What about you? What have you learned from our professor?
Till then.

---Indiana Jerico

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: