Re: Revenge of the Ancients

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Nick from 80.st-louis-141-142rs.mo.dial-access.att.net on December 14, 1998 at 12:32:43:

In Reply to: Revenge of the Ancients posted by Mark on December 13, 1998 at 20:05:00:

: Does anyone out there own or maybe have seen an Indy game called Indiana Jones and the Revenge of the Ancients? It was an all text, PC game released back in 1987. If anyone has any info on this game, where to download, or if you have it maybe make it available for download? Anything about this game would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I don't know much about the game myself but I found some information
If I find something else (where to d/l) I'll let you know

http://www.smartlink.com/~deej7/games.htm

Indiana Jones and the Revenge of the Ancients

Before the popular Lucasfilm games, there was actually another licensed home computer game called "Indiana Jones and the Revenge of the Ancients." It was
developed by Angelsoft and released by Mindscape in 1987 for the IBM PC and PCjr. The all-text adventure was similar in format to many Infocom games of the
time.

The back of the box states:
"Hack your way through the steaming, tangled Mexican jungle. Fight off the onrush of vertigo as you grope through the treacherous, tunnel maze in the treasure-laden
Tepotzteco Pyramid. Tighten your grip as you dangle from the wing of an airborne World War I DeHavilland.

Whatever it takes, INDIANA JONES, you must stop the cruel Nazi, Plebinheim, and his SS thugs from unleashing the power of the Mazatec Power Key against
the world.

Vicious bats, venomous snakes, marauding bandits - even for the daring INDIANA JONES, this is going to be tough!"

The game itself was horrible, even for its time. It was too easy to die accidentally, too difficult to enter commands, there were too many mazes, and the writing was
pretty lame. I'm not surprised it was forgotten so easily.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.funet.fi/pub/misc/if-archive/info/adventure-game-history

Angelsoft, Inc:

Distributed by Mindscape, Inc.

James Bond 007 in: A View to a Kill
[1985]

Stephen King's The Mist
[1985]

Forbidden Castle
[1985] By Mercer Mayer.

Voodoo Island
[1985] By M. J. Sayer.

Rambo: First Blood Part II