Yes, it did...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace208.utsi.edu (150.182.24.208) on Wednesday, December 12, 2001 at 10:48am :

In Reply to: That can happen. Ask Michaelson, it happened to him. posted by Fall Guy from pool0463.cvx40-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net (216.244.43.208) on Tuesday, December 11, 2001 at 6:22pm :

While working on a video training production at a plant in southern Ohio back in the mid '80s, I walked to the edge of a concrete pad to see if there was a better angle to shoot from. The top of the pad was about 6 feet above the ground, and instead of being a bright individual and walk around, I decided to do the "smart" thing and lower the camera to the ground, then swing over the edge and drop down to the ground. At the time I was wearing a 3/4 Umatic VCR on my shoulder, housed in a heavy duty PortaBrace case. What I didn't notice was the rebar sticking out of the side of the wall. When I let go, I came to a complete stop in mid air, snagged on that rebar. (think Indy on tank, hanging on barrel) I had to do the exact same antics that Indy to get off, as the only way off was up. Fortunately (or unfortunately) no one was with me, so it was either work my way off, or hang there until someone drove by and saw me. I was much more limber in those days, and eventually got off. It would have probably killed me if I did that today. (grins) In retrospect, I kind wish I had a video of that, as it would be VERY amusing now, but at the time, it was not very funny). When sitting in the theater watching LC, and seeing Indy pull that stunt, I thought 'been there, done that', and wondered if he had the same bruises I had the next day, and carried for a couple of weeks after that. Don't try this at home, or work, or.....it HURTS! Regards. Michaelson

: Why does this amuse me a bit? ;)
: Anyway, Michaelson had a very sound explanation how he ended up in a similar precarious position (sans tank, mind you?). In fact he has told that story at least three times during the past few years, and I wouldn't mind hearing it again, as I have forgotten the gruesome details. I think it involved climbing a fence...
: FG
: :

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com