Re: ATTN: Alden Boots Owners

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by gary from borr24.uia.net on December 14, 1998 at 20:44:08:

In Reply to: Re: ATTN: Alden Boots Owners posted by Michaelson on December 13, 1998 at 12:02:03:

: : I am wondering if I could get a hefty description of these boots, in particular the sole. Is there a deep tread in them, or are they simply smooth?

: : The reason I ask is I am actually an archaeologist who does A LOT of survey, and I hate to say it, but my boots are about dead! I have been in the market for new boots, but am not satisfied paying close to $200.00 bucks for Timberlands or other cheaply made boots.

: : The Alden boots are around this price, but I need some advise on the durability and comfort of the boots. I have looked at the Indy Diggs description, but would like to hear from those who own them.

: : Is the sole treaded and of durable material?
: : Can they be water-proofed?
: : Are they comfortable?
: : Do they have a nice in-sole?

: : Thanks

: : --nitzsche

: Along with all the other descriptions and such below, you may also want to contact a local podiotrist (sp?, you know, foot doctor) regarding this specific boot. The 405 is in the Alden corrective foot wear catalog, and not their regular one. I would first ask the doctor if he can order these from a local supplier (much less money than the prices you'll find on the internet advertisments by 10 to 20 dollars), and he/she will measure, size, and recommend shape that the Alden company will "build" a boot that is actually for YOUR foot. For an individual who is on their feet for the time and period that you describe yourself to do, this would be the primary means of usage for these boots. I spend a great many hours on my feet at my job too, and have done what you have done, invested hundreds of dollars on shoes that promise the comfort without delivering. My next step (excuse the pun) will more than likely be in the direction I describe. Another high mark I give the Aldens are that they are repairable, with the steel shank etc, that allows sole and heel replacement. Almost all the others mentioned below are built on the "tennis shoe" cradle, and after being worn down, must be thrown away. I really hate that this industry has also gone the way of the use it, abuse it, throw it away mind set. Good luck. Regards. Michaelson

The boots are like old fasion shoes they must be broken in mine took several trips to Disney land befor they felt nice and soft. But when standing in lines for a long time with the non cusion sole will start feeling very hard(Iuse cusion sole socks to make them feel better)

Gary

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]