A few points.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Tuesday, December 18, 2001 at 4:55pm :

In Reply to: OK, I have a gripe.... posted by Shawnkara from spider-mtc-ti063.proxy.aol.com (64.12.101.178) on Sunday, December 16, 2001 at 1:54am :

George probably had more to do with Indiana Jones than anybody. He created the character and the stories (as has been pointed out below). As executive producer he brought together all the "creatives" that made the movie. As a side note, Spielberg probably does own the rights to the Jurassic Park sequels, so he actually was "letting" someone else direct the third installment. It's funny but nobody ever questions the fact that Star Wars is GL's baby, and yet he didn't direct Empire or Jedi. The fact that George would let other people direct his projects shows that he is not the control freak that people make him out to be. Many have criticized George for not letting someone else take care of the details of the DVD releases of the Indy movies. I for one wouldn't want the "end all DVD edition" of the movies to come out without his input. This goes a little beyond the subject matter of Shawnkara's post. I just thought I'd use this platform to talk about a few points that have bothered me for a while. I hope this doesn't come out wrong. Cheers

xxxxxxxxxx
: I was watching the bonus stuff on Jurassic Park III and heard something that kinda burns me. They were talking about how the director, Joe Johnson, cam to direct the film. He had asked Speilberg if he could direct Lost World, to which Speilberg had replied, "Joe, I think I'm gonna do this one. If 'I' do a three, you're my first choice". This is where the gripe takes place. The 'I'. What 'I'? Speilberg was hired to direct the first two films. Since he passed on the third where does the 'I' come in? He had nothing to do with the third, he does not own the property, so what'I'? Was there some clause in the original contract that allowed him to name his successor? Or is it just a case of Speilberg being so mythically popular that he's even given credit for work he did not do? This was certainly the case with Lucas and 'Raiders'. But that's a whole other gripe.....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com