"So This Is Christmas............"

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Operator Jake from spider-wa084.proxy.aol.com (205.188.192.59) on Wednesday, December 26, 2001 at 12:21pm :

You, know, I manage to hear that tune every year (doubly so this year, since San Diego decided that a 24-hour Christmas radio station would be a good idea), and the name of the singer and the title of the song still elude me, but it never fails to give this kid more than his ration of chills if I sit and think about the words.
"So This Is Christmas, and What Have You Done?" The best I could.
"Another Year Over, and a New One Just Begun?" Well, as he crooned, Let's Hope It's a Good One.
Friends and neighbors, in layman's terms, it's been one H - E - double hockey sticks of a year. I'm not going to go into detail on the gory details that are permanently ( I hope ) burned into our souls. I just want to offer best wishes that everyone dear to you and those who should have been together for the season are/were safe, present and accounted for. Here's also hoping that all of the bad headlines in our world right now haven't shaken the holiday spirit for you any more than they should have.
For what it's worth, I am very pleased to see the land we love (and we still do, right?) giving such mad props to our cops, firefighters, service grunts, and anyone who pulled a "John McLane" to help out.
I just wish that we could have been as outwardly grateful under better circumstances.
I'm rambling again, and I'm sorry.
Folks, again--Best wishes that all is still merry and bright, but do not; do NOT, get complacent. This may not be over yet. Stay sharp, and watch each other's backs in the weeks ahead.
On a final note, and I hope that you already all know this; the good guys are indeed out there, and they're doing their best.
More than ever guys, let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com