Correct use of this acronym (fim extraordinaire)

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0089.cvx22-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net (209.179.198.89) on Sunday, December 30, 2001 at 3:53pm :

In Reply to: Re: A penny for your thoughts (nim) posted by Anejo Joe from 121.raleigh-01rh15rt.nc.dial-access.att.net (12.76.232.121) on Sunday, December 30, 2001 at 1:34pm :

*Below post contains not-so-important Indy content in the PPS*

This is a slightly complicated issue, mostly due to the fact that I can't say this word here without harsh consequences. I'll try anyway (I will have to substitute the letter "N" in this word with "F": FIM)

Originally, the acronym "FIM" was spelled with only caps, usually in parenthesis: (FIM)
However, over time FIM has often been spelled "fim", a practise with is common and acceptable.
A person closely affiliated with FIM (The movement is always spelled with caps) FIMs (fim) is called a FIMer, not a Fimer.

Tip: If you want to be sure that you don't make a mistake in spelling FIM, use ALWAYS caps. ;)

FG
PS: I think this question should have been asked over at FIM. That would have been less disturbing to the utter peace and deafening silence over here.
PPS: They mentioned Harrison Ford on P.I. The called him a hero in the movies. I can see Bill Maher as Indy - no, no I can't. But his voice sounds quite all right. Maybe he could play an albino Indy. Yes. :p

If you put a NIM in lower case, is it really a F*IM?

*subsitute with "N"
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL: