What happened on EBay?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Danno from 213.indianapolis-17rh15rt.in.dial-access.att.net (12.85.0.213) on Wednesday, January 02, 2002 at 3:29pm :

In Reply to: And what about the Transylvania Twist? posted by graml from user-2ivevic.dialup.mindspring.com (165.247.126.76) on Wednesday, January 02, 2002 at 7:02am :

: I think bud-arc is out there avenging the good names of those who were ever swindled on Ebay.

Did I miss something? Someone tried to swindle me on Ebay about 2 months ago, not Indy related but here's the scam so watch it.

I put a bid in on a baseball bat for $75, started at $30. Not any other bids until the day before the auction ended, about 50 bids going up in incraments of $1 until they passed me, all the same guy. I thought fine, I was only going to give $75 period, that was my max. Well the sellar emails me and tells me I won! I go and look and sure enough I had, here is what happened. The seller retracted all the other bids 1 hour before the ending, putting my $30 back in the lead. Then miraculously another bidder came by and bid $74.50 with 1 minute left. I told the seller where he could put the bat, cause I sure as hell wasnt give him anything for it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com