Maybe I misunderstood you.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from sdn-ar-001casfrMP046.dialsprint.net (158.252.208.48) on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 at 3:46pm :

In Reply to: Movie Question? ( Come one...Come all...and help me! ) posted by Raider from ? (65.196.116.35) on Monday, January 14, 2002 at 2:00pm :

The entry wounds ("holes") are of course done with special effects make-up. Probably they use silicone and molded rubber pieces for the crusty ridges, then apply make-up and fake blood and such to the wound. Just look at Prof. Jones in LC. Of course, this all is for close-up shots.
We don't see much gore in the Indy movies. The most brutal death would be the German mechanic's. And (thankfully) we don't even get to see it. We just see blood splatter. It's cheap AND effective.
If your question was about how the impact of bullets is simulated, then I suggest you get that fake-blood filled condom (I wonder what they used before the 60s... Right graml? :p).
FG

: Sorry for the wierd title but I have a question on how certain special effects are done in the movies. How do they get the blood holes in people when someone shoots someone else in a movie like Indiana Jones? Ya know the part(s)!
: -Raider
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL: