I agree

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by walker from 38.152.176.170 on December 16, 1998 at 06:32:50:

In Reply to: IN DEFENSE OF THE FURTHER ADVENTURES OF INDIANA JONES. posted by HANNIBAL KING. on December 16, 1998 at 05:29:57:

I agree with what you say. Particularly about Kerry Gammil. I've often wondered what happened to him, as he seemed to go on after Indy to drawing Superman and then disappeared. Also, I found most of David Michelin's writing to be pretty good. I felt that many of his stories captured the pace and feel of an Indy film better than a lot of the Dark Horse attempts at the character. Personally, I felt that most of those were a overlong and slowly paced. Dark Horse Indy benefitted mainly from higher production values - better paper, better color, etc....

Towards the end of the run, however, it was seemed like they were trying to produce the comic for as little as possible by throwing lesser artists onto the title (although in his prime, Ditko was great). Certainly these contributors were less expensive than Gammil or Byrne. There were several good up-and-comers who got their start here as well. Two I can think of off the top of my head are David Maszuchelli (Batman Year 1) and Keith Pollard (Vigilante, various Marvel and DC). There were several others.

In any case, I still enjoyed them and have gone back to reread them every once in awhile. Interestingly, I read an article recently that mentioned a final issue that was supposed to have been produced (#35, I believe), but was killed when the series was cancelled. Assuming this is true - I read about it in a pretty respectable trade magazine - Marvel has one last Indy story stuffed away in a closet somewhere, never to see the light of day. Too bad.

walker

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]