Was it just me, or did HF seem not too happy about it

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by German Mechanic from hc6524631.dhcp.vt.edu (198.82.70.49) on Monday, January 21, 2002 at 6:09pm :

In Reply to: Harrison wins Life Time Achievement at GG posted by Sergei from proxy1.ch.intel.com (143.182.246.27) on Monday, January 21, 2002 at 1:46am :

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying he was arrogant or being a jerk or anything, but he did refer to it as the "geezer of the year award", and he said he won in an area where "the competition is dead". Maybe he was just nervous, or maybe he felt they're trying to nail his coffin shut? I don't know.

: It was great to see Harrison win the Life Time Achievement Award at the GG tonight. My wife got me out of the garage tonight and yelled, "Indiana Jones, Harrison Ford, run quick to the TV". At least, I was wearin the Raiders hat in the garage so I was in character. Man, I ran just in time to catch all the film sequences from Raiders, TOD and LC (in addition to all the significant other films - Witness, AF 1, Blade Runner,Regard Henry(?), etc.). Raider's theme was constantly playing in the background and especially when HF went up to accept. Spielberg was there and gave a HUGE kiss on the check to Harrison on the way up. Wow, got my juices flowing. I was especially happy for my wife grabbing me out garage. This was huge. Especially watching all the actors, directors, etc. give him a huge standing ovation. Ben Affleck did the presenting and he could have done a MUCH better job on delivering. That was the only dissappointment.

: Watching this spectacle, made me think, that the GREAT 3 (Lucas, Spielberg and HF) will finally make up their minds and close on Indy4. Back to the garage. -S

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com