Once again, I'm less than thrilled.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from sdn-ar-019casfrMP099.dialsprint.net (158.252.223.101) on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 at 5:25pm :

"Hollywood bosses are giving ageing Welsh actor Anthony Hopkins a face-lift. Producers behind the Silence Of The Lambs and Hannibal prequel Red Dragon are using digital technology to make Hopkins appear younger in the movie, which is set years before the smash hit movies. Visual technology will be employed to clear away wrinkles and age spots from Hopkins' face, making him appear up to 20 years younger than his 63 years. Red Dragon begins shooting next year."*

*Quoted from the imdb: http://us.imdb.com/WN?20011128#7

I hope nobody will do anything like that in Indy's case. Remember the rumor about Ford playing his decades younger self in Gemini Man (Is that movie coming out or not?)?
I just hope they wouldn't attempt to make Ford 20 years younger than he is for the Indy part. He looks good enough to play a 50 year old. Life was harder half a century ago, especially for a guy with a lot of mileage on the clock. Apart from the fact that it's hypocritical to make him look younger than he really is, it sends the wrong message (I don't feel like elaborating on this now).
And for all of you who always bring up the liberal use of make-up and dyed hair, are you nuts? You want Indy to look like a clown? Why can't the man be as distressed as his clothes?
In conclusion, I don't think Indy IV should be set before 1950.
FG

PS: Mind you, I'm still waiting for official word from Lucasfilm before I really believe the latest rumors.
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com