Re: SAND!!!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by gary from borr14.uia.net on December 16, 1998 at 16:44:21:

In Reply to: Re: SAND!!!!! posted by Jonathan Jones on December 12, 1998 at 14:17:31:

: : : : Hi,

: : : : I was watching Raiders of the Lost Ark once again yesterday, when a thing occured to me. I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but it was new to me:

: : : : Before Indy goes to the Map Room, Sallah tells him that the Nazis visited it three days ago and located the place (or so they thought) of the Well of Souls. When Indy goes to the Map Room himself and starts to look around he sees *everything* covered with sand. Indy has to sweep away the sand to read the text on the stone tablet and even clear the right hole to put the staff in it. So, did the Nazis use the wrong hole in the Map Room also or was there just a damn hard sand storm inside the map room in those three days?

: : : I noticed this a while ago, but attributed it to a mild sandstorm. I mean, in three days, I'm sure some sand would blow in by then.
: : : Or maybe it's another foul-up. Who knows?

: : : ~The Raider

: : This is very true, when I was over in Saudi Arabia we would constantly have to clean fresh layers of fine sand off of tents and equipment, inside and out. Only after a couple of minutes in a sandstorm, everything you owned had the color of sand- this was especially unpleasant when your food had that nice gritty sand texture, I must have eaten pounds of it in my duration.

: That's what wore the Pharoah's teeth down.
: Jonathan Jones

I think if you use your pause and slo-mo button you can see a place just above where Indy was working the sand was messed up
Gary

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]