Actually....(just my opinion)

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 at 1:44pm :

In Reply to: Indy IV cinematography... posted by Sean from d141-46-146.home.cgocable.net (24.141.46.146) on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 at 8:38pm :

I have an old cinematographer magazine with Douglas Slocomb and he says that the picture sharpness and grain in each Indy movie (or any movie for that matter) was better than the last because of improvements in film stock. Lucas already shot some scenes in Phantom Menace completely digital and nobody saw the difference. I have also heard it said that most of the digitally shot demo films in the past had poor cinematography. Similarly, the first generation of audio CD's left a little to be desired, but it wasn't long before they ironed out the problems. Celluloid film and cameras with moving sprockets and gizmos inside it are turn of the century technology. They're like the internal combustion engine. They should have been done away with a long time ago. With that said, I hate the way modern recordings sound, but I don't believe that is because of new technology. I believe it has more to do with what people are doing with it. If I have a problem with the tools of modern film making, it has more to do with the restraint of the use of them rather than the tools themselves. Cheers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com