Re: INDY IV - GREAT NEWS FOR US ALL . . . OR IS IT?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace208.utsi.edu (150.182.24.208) on Thursday, January 24, 2002 at 1:17pm :

In Reply to: INDY IV - GREAT NEWS FOR US ALL . . . OR IS IT? posted by Hannibal King from ? (168.224.1.14) on Thursday, January 24, 2002 at 8:30am :

And it's about durn time for the update too, Hannibal! (grins) I'm heading there now. High regards. Michaelson

: Hey guys,

: Long time no see - ah well news of Indy IV is finally upon us and I for one could not be happier. The thought of finally seeing a new Indy adventure fills me with an almost epic sense of anticipation. Seeing the Paramount logo dissolve into a similar mountain or shape (will that happen? Is Paramount still inline to distribute the movie - I've heard yes and I've heard no?) Hearing a new score based on the Raiders march and other John Williams themes. Great.

: But, I'm also worried. 14 years is a long time to wait for a new Indy movie - will it live up to our expectations. Can it live up to our expectations. No matter how good it is, it is only a movie and it could end up seeming flat and disappointing. If The Phatom Menace had been released in 1986 in stead of 1999 would it have seemed so disappointing.

: Aaaarrrggh

: My brain hurts.

: Seriously I do want a new Indy movie. I am slightly concerned that I'm overselling it to myself.

: Also, anyone who is interested the new Hannibal King website is up at it's (hopefully) permanent address - please pop along pay a visit and gice me any feedback or criticism that you want. I'm trying to make a website about my amateur movies but also for adventure fans everywhere. A lot of the pages aren't yet finished but I decided to open it to Indyfans 'cos I know or hope that you'll be honest and help me to create something interesting and fun.

: Take care guys

: Hannibal

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com