I disagree...on some points.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from d141-46-146.home.cgocable.net (24.141.46.146) on Thursday, January 24, 2002 at 5:36pm :

In Reply to: whay does every one want an indy 4 so much? posted by German Mechanic from hc6524631.dhcp.vt.edu (198.82.70.49) on Thursday, January 24, 2002 at 1:26pm :

Hey:

For one, there have ALWAYS been crappy movies. The 30's saw flicks like The Wizard of Oz, Gone With the Wind, Citizen Kane etc...but they were the few standouts. In 50 years, no one is going to remember Dude, Where's My Car, but they'll remember Saving Private Ryan - that's just how it works.

Now, as for an Indy sequel - I feel that the major strength of a film lies in the fact that the main character undergoes change by the end. In ROTLA, Indiana Jones learns to love Marion again, not that he ever fell out of love, but he atones for his actions of the past. In TOD, he learns to value humanity over fortune and glory. In LC, he reconciles with a father that he resents (and Henry Sr. changes for that matter. So, how can Indiana Jones change again? That's what I'm worried about.

Harrison Ford is NOT too old to do anything. I feel that criticism is over-used. Never Say Never Again was a GREAT and underated Bond flick because he was forced to deal with being a hero AND an aging man. Same thing with Unforgiven. Wouldn't it be great to see Indiana Jones deal with the same issues? Perhaps those of us here who are a little older would agree?

We'll see though...I guess time will tell.

Cheers,
Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com