Suggestions!

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jinan Tonix from ? (63.100.219.66) on Thursday, January 31, 2002 at 4:14pm :

In Reply to: My dilemma posted by FlyGuy16 from spider-mtc-tk031.proxy.aol.com (64.12.107.31) on Thursday, January 31, 2002 at 1:06pm :

Go to France. I was there as an exchange student (my school organized this for me), and let me tell you, I LOVED IT! The French are so friendly, cultured and helpful. Some say you should speak a little French, but I found that they will gladly speak English, especially if you say you are American. The French are great fans of Jerry Lewis, so start doing grimaces.
Most French speak enough English, there shouldn't be a problem. And the food is fantastic. Even better, the girls are so willing and will really give you a crash course in French culture (It's not true that none of them shaves!).
I spent some time in Germany, but I didn't like it there. The weather was always bad, the people were pretty rude and snooty. Germans also drive like maniacs, while the French are the safest drivers in the world (Well, Italians are really good drivers, too). I also don't like wurst and TP that looks like it's made from old newspapers.

So go to France!

Cheers, Jinan

: Does anyone here know anything about Foreign Exchange Students?

: I am a 16 year old with excellent grades and might be interested in going overseas to live with a host family for a year, or a summer.

: Can anyone recommend a good agency to go through?

: Furthermore, I am debating WHERE to go. I would really really really be interested in going to Egypt, but none of the agencies I have checked out have that option available. My next interests would be places in Europe such as Germany, France, Italy...

: So, any suggestions on agency/country?

: Thanks alot in advance!

: FlyGuy16

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com