[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by James from host-216-78-22-60.cae.bellsouth.net (216.78.22.60) on Thursday, February 14, 2002 at 12:55pm :

In Reply to: What year? posted by Indiana Eastwood from ? (65.164.239.2) on Thursday, February 14, 2002 at 0:57am :

Okay, the one word answer was in the subject line. Now I'll use many.

First of all, I could care less about what production members or PR guys are saying. The logical choice for Indy 4 is 2003- 2004 at the latest.

FORD does not consider Indy films to be dramas, he calls them "endurance tests". I find it hard to believe that he would rather wait until he's approaching his mid-sixties to do another one. No way he thinks waiting until Episode III is finished is a logical idea.

Add to this the fact that he has yet to sign on for a new film, despite being finished with K-19 for some time now. Usually, he will line up his next project even before filming his current one.

SPIELBERG has already started shooting Catch Me If You Can, so he could very easily begin shooting Indy 4 by late summer/early fall* and have it released by next May. (*I believe LC started shooting around that time as well.)

LUCAS has three years to finish Episode III, and I seriously doubt he thinks it will take that long- especially after finishing Episode II so quickly. He's also been in Star Wars mode for at least five years, so I would imagine he could use the break that Indy 4 would offer. His claim that he won't even think about Indy 4 until Star Wars is finished is a joke, especially since he was the one who entered negotiations with Paramount a year ago.

Believing that Indy 4 can be released next year is not crazy.

Believing that absolutely no progress has started on it is.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com