Thanks For the info, and its nice to be back! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tyree from cache-mtc-ak01.proxy.aol.com (64.12.96.198) on Friday, February 15, 2002 at 12:22pm :

In Reply to: Re: Greetings! (and a question, for Michaelson, perhaps) posted by Michaelson from eeespace208.utsi.edu (150.182.24.208) on Thursday, February 14, 2002 at 2:59pm :

: Hello stranger! Good to 'see' you again! The changes on the Wested have been for the best. The side straps have been raised to allow entry into the side pockets. Personally I have always believed that the lower set straps helped in the gap of the action pleats as it caused the front of the jacket to sag slightly, opening the pleats. Peter deepened the pleats to help them stay closed. With those small changes, the jacket is MUCH closer to the original than anything prior that Wested produced, outside of the originals. The goatskin is a bit heavier than the lambskin with the same drape, but the goat is tough as nails. It's one of Peter's personal favorites now, and you can't go wrong making that choice in leathers. The lambskin hasn't changed much, so not much to comment in that regards. Good to see you again! Regards. Michaelson

:
: : Hello all! I'm not sure if anyone remembers me, but I've been gone a while, and I've returned!

: : My question is: I've been considering getting another Wested, since they've revamped the jacket a bit. Can anyone comment on if the "action pleats" stay closed like they are supposed to, and what is the difference between the lambskin and their new goatskin? I own a Raiders model jacket in new lambskin, which I bought about a year and a half ago, and was wondering how the new jacket compares... Thanks!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com