I like your optimism & I agree. (nm)

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Friday, February 15, 2002 at 3:43pm :

In Reply to: 2003 posted by James from host-216-78-22-60.cae.bellsouth.net (216.78.22.60) on Thursday, February 14, 2002 at 12:55pm :

: Okay, the one word answer was in the subject line. Now I'll use many.

: First of all, I could care less about what production members or PR guys are saying. The logical choice for Indy 4 is 2003- 2004 at the latest.

: FORD does not consider Indy films to be dramas, he calls them "endurance tests". I find it hard to believe that he would rather wait until he's approaching his mid-sixties to do another one. No way he thinks waiting until Episode III is finished is a logical idea.

: Add to this the fact that he has yet to sign on for a new film, despite being finished with K-19 for some time now. Usually, he will line up his next project even before filming his current one.

: SPIELBERG has already started shooting Catch Me If You Can, so he could very easily begin shooting Indy 4 by late summer/early fall* and have it released by next May. (*I believe LC started shooting around that time as well.)

: LUCAS has three years to finish Episode III, and I seriously doubt he thinks it will take that long- especially after finishing Episode II so quickly. He's also been in Star Wars mode for at least five years, so I would imagine he could use the break that Indy 4 would offer. His claim that he won't even think about Indy 4 until Star Wars is finished is a joke, especially since he was the one who entered negotiations with Paramount a year ago.

: Believing that Indy 4 can be released next year is not crazy.

: Believing that absolutely no progress has started on it is.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com