Indy for a night (and a morning)!

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Operator Jake from 206-13-102-130.ded.pacbell.net (206.13.102.130) on Monday, February 18, 2002 at 0:17am :

Greetings, friends and neighbors!
Well, it's been a four day weekend, and with a buddy heading north to Oakland to be with his family, and with Disney offering free admission to GI's these days, I caught a ride to Orange County and proceeded to, number one: chase Princess Jasmine (all three of her, it turned out!) and give her red roses; and number two: ride the Temple of the Forbidden Eye (or "Temple of the Four-hour Line," if you were to ask my buddies on the Jungle Cruise) until I nearly vomited. Being a single rider, I proceeded to get the special deal of entry to the ride over and over again. Again. And again.
I don't think that I can type enough "agains" to really do justice to how many times. It's worth mentioning that it took forever to get the first door in the temple, though.
Anyway, one of the guides on the Jungle Cruise was cute, and she lamented that Indy was always searching in those dusty old temples for treasure when she was right there. She then declared her love for our hero to the ancient building (built nearly six years ago!), so the gears in my head began to turn, and after she told us rudely to get out (and then corrected herself and asked us nicely to get out), I crossed the street and tried on a fedora.
I never looked good in a hat before. Yet this piece of shaped wool and I clicked. At that moment, I realized why the black US Wings jacket that I was wearing never looked quite right before. It needed the hat!
With the jacket and hat, plus the poplin shirt, Dockers slacks, and jump boots that I was wearing (with the two-day beard), the guy in the shop mirror was looking quite the part.
And the other folks in the park seemed to think so, too.
I lost track of how many folks wanted Kodak moments with me. Don't tell Jasmine, but that hat got me more girls than I would have ever known what to do with. Unfortunately, I imagine that outside of the park, it would make other men want to punch me repeatedly in the mouth, so the plan was to find a distraught kid and make his day with a new hat before I returned "home."
As for the Jungle Cruise Cupcake (hey, she called herself that one. She was our "hostess." Naturally, I laughed like an idiot at all of their jokes), I waited by the Indy queue for her boat, and as soon as she called that she loved Indy, this Indy went over that rope and lobed her a rose and blew her a kiss.
The squeals were not to be believed.
It's great to make someone else's day.
Okay, Jake is rambling here, so I'll wrap it up. Thanks for bearing with me. It was an H-E-double-hockey-sticks of a good weekend.
Let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

• Uhh.... - Indy Coil 2:20am 02/18/2002

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com