Europe has put in the draft?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett Maverick Lambert from aig65386y28se.ab.hsia.telus.net (142.59.163.161) on Monday, March 04, 2002 at 5:13pm :

In Reply to: Oh dear... posted by Allu from um195m1kot.dial.kolumbus.fi (62.248.215.195) on Monday, March 04, 2002 at 2:03pm :

Yeah, you are from Europe as I think I recall, right? I know America hasn't put in the draft since Vietnam, and Canada not since WWII.

Anyways, I do agree with Operator Jake below. Anyone who enlists or gets drafted deserves my respect. No matter the war, whether you disagree with the conflict or not, you gotta give props to the military enlisters who'll defend their land. I know I wouldn't have the chops to defend my Canadian land (I have flat feet.... uh yeah, that's it ;)), but I certainly respect those who do.

: This is probably a small step for you Ulla, but an amazingly gigantic leap for Indyfans..... I must admit I have also shortened my hair because of getting drafted about a month ago: Yep, I'm in the army now for 200 days....... not so great expectations...

: Cheers,
: Allu

: : Well, it's been 45 minutes of less weight on my head and I LIKE it!:-)
: : The curling iron is heating up for my experimentation on...
: : "The Elsa look."
: : Wish me luck!
: : Adventurously,
: : Ulla

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )