Good morning!

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace208.utsi.edu (150.182.24.208) on Tuesday, March 05, 2002 at 10:59am :

In Reply to: Oh, Mr. Michaelson? posted by Operator Jake from 206-13-102-142.ded.pacbell.net (206.13.102.142) on Monday, March 04, 2002 at 11:28pm :

That really doesn't suprise me, Jake. What I find interesting is that on the old "Disney Presents" program on the Disney Channel, they show some of the old original programs, including (at times) programs visiting Disneyland in it's infancy. One of the things they show is the old original Jungle Cruise, and what I always watch for is the scene where the skipper shoots at the crocs and hippos. And what does he pull out? An old Colt New Service! Love that scene. At least they used BIG revolvers in the 1950's and 60's at the show. I figure those big old revolvers went the way of the do-do bird in the 70's, or at least the mid 80's. Sad. Take care, my friend! Regards. Michaelson

: I'll spare you having to scroll down to where I read your post. ;)
: Sir, we may not have always agreed on guns in the past, but I thought that I would share this one with you after reading your thoughts on Disney, guns, and PC-ness a few posts down.
: After a weekend up in Disneyland; in dire need of laughs, I had more fun than a kid was supposed to have giving Princess Jasmine (all three of her) roses and riding the Temple of the Forbidden Eye until I had succeeded in being very sick. But onboard my third favorite thing at the park, the Jungle Cruise, the revolvers that the skippers used to pack in order to scare the hippos are now just a distant memory. I'm not sure what the rationale behind this one was, and I heard a couple of differnet theories from the skippers that I interviewed whenever they had a second.
: It's a darned shame. Dollars to Krispy Kremes, they've done the same thing at Disney World.
: I'd trust one of those skippers with a gun before I would trust most folks, I guess.
: As always, a pleasure to chat with you, sir. Let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com