It was a safe choice

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Forrestal from elvis.siteprotect.com (64.26.0.37) on Friday, March 08, 2002 at 4:43am :

In Reply to: Re: K-19: The Widowmaker posted by James from host-216-78-23-180.cae.bellsouth.net (216.78.23.180) on Thursday, March 07, 2002 at 10:24pm :

It's bound to make big money. I saw the trailer and I'm not very enthusiastic about it. I'm afraid it's just another distaster flick with a huge budget and pretty explosions. Why do they talk with an accent? Are we supposed to believe those Russian sailors speak English with a Russian accent, or that they can't speak Russian? I never got the reasoning behind that method. Wouldn't it be better to give the sailors the equivalent of regional accents? For example, Qui-Gon, I mean the 1.st officer, played by the wooden Liam Neeson, could have an upper class British accent, while down-to-earth Harry could speak with a nice Philly accent. And the boatswain could sound like a Canadian!
On that note, has anybody noticed that Sallah speaks perfectly fine English in Raiders, but that in Last Crusade he sounds like he could need a lesson or two from Prof. Higgins?

-Forrestal

: I had the same 'Quicktime 5' problem when the new Star Wars trailer hit the net weeks ago. You should definitely take the time to download the new version.

: Anyway, I just saw the trailer this morning, and it looks pretty good. It starts off with shots of Ford getting decked out in his uniform, then being told about the mission. I wasn't too sure about his accent and funny hat at first (his speech about the best submarine in the `vorld was a little too "wild and crazy guy"-ish), but by the end of the trailer, I was sold. He's definitely back in the kind of 'take charge' role that audiences prefer him in, especially the scenes in the sub.

: I think it could be his biggest hit since Air Force One, as it plays to pretty much the same demographic.

: Oh, and best scene in the trailer? When Harry tells Liam who's in charge on the sub.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com