Top three reasons why Indy is THE Man.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Operator Jake from spider-te074.proxy.aol.com (152.163.195.209) on Friday, March 08, 2002 at 4:34pm :

No doubt this has been done thirty-squirty zillion times before I came along, but let's all share once again.
Our top three personal reasons for our undying love for the man in the hat.
For me;
#1--He's an educated kind of good guy. When I was in school (no matter which), Indy officially made studying cool. He spoke darned near every language out there (except Hovitios, and I've got faith that as soon as he dried off from that experience, he got cracking on the South American Native dialects textbooks and tapes), he always seemed to know a little something about everything when the time came, and let's face it--was there any one else out there smart (and lucky)enough to get their hands on some of those artifacts?
#2--Indy was a humanitarian. He would lay down his life to save another (especially is she was cute, but that's besides the point). Also, he was listening to the tale of woe from the chief of the Maypore village with respectable compassion, but we all saw the real resolve in his eyes when he learned that the children had been stolen.
What a guy.
#3--I love this about the guy. As educated and intelligent as Indy is, he often thinks with his heart rather than his head, and it gets him into trouble. Case in point is the moment when he lobs a rock at the big Thuggee jerk who was whipping an exhausted kid in the mine; betraying his as yet undiscovered presense.
It makes Indy more of a real guy to me. A guy that I really wish I had known.
Okay, I'm done pouring my silly little heart out. Anyone else care to share?
Let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com