Now you have me at a disadvantage...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MK from adsl-63-194-18-73.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.194.18.73) on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 at 9:32am :

In Reply to: Re: Actually...... posted by Fall Guy from pool0496.cvx21-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net (209.179.193.241) on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 at 0:15am :

...I have only seen TOD all the way through once and that was at the theatre in '84. I can't stand Kate, Shorty and the less than great script. The only thing I remember that was supernatural was some rocks getting hot. I sure don't remember anything involving a deity. Am I forgetting something?

As for him being "open to all kinds of possibilities", that sounds very nice and reasonable. I learned the law of gravity a long time ago. I have experienced it and know it to be true. Although I am an open-minded person, I will be very skeptical and it will take extremely compelling evidence to get me to believe the contrary.

Our good fictional friend Dr. Jones experienced the hand of God in person. This same God says he is the one true God and that all others are false. Between the ark and the grail, it would seem reasonable that Indy's life would have been changed by those events. He sure wouldn't make snide remarks like he did to Brody "I don't believe in magic, a lot of superstitious hocus pocus. I'm going after a find of incredible historical significance, you're talking about the boogie man."

As for showing you a religion that is not man-made. Feel free to e-mail me. Talking about Indy's motivation is one thing. If we are going to jump that far off the track we shouldn’t do it here.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com