Well, a few years can also change a man.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Operator Jake from 206-13-102-142.ded.pacbell.net (206.13.102.142) on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 at 9:17pm :

In Reply to: It's like being at an Indy Symposium! posted by Inby from sdn-ar-003waseatP003.dialsprint.net (168.191.231.11) on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 at 8:39pm :

Young Indy showed us all sorts of things about the kid we all learned to love as an adult.
First experiences in amore, the first time Indy looked into another fellow human's eyes and killed him, and so on.
Speaking entirely for myself, sweet kids can become some of the hardest people out there following their formative years.
Perhaps the falling out with the Ravenwoods was a serious factor in making the mercenary, grizzled Indy what he was when we first saw him, but there's probably more to it than that. The Young Indy episodes sort of abandon us when he was in college, and the books (I'm working on getting through them, honestly) seem to contradict that there ever was a relationship with Marion "ten years ago."
Whatever Indy's reasons (excuses), I've got faith that he's got good ones, and I would still love the guy for who he was and what he stood for as a man, if I knew him.
Personally, I'm nothing like the little kid that I was. Thank the Lord for small favors. ;)
Ah, well. Let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com