Yeah, just a few flaws........

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Operator Jake from 206-13-102-185.ded.pacbell.net (206.13.102.185) on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 at 10:54pm :

In Reply to: An interesting take on Raiders... posted by graml from user-2ivevma.dialup.mindspring.com (165.247.126.202) on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 at 4:23pm :

But, we're all entitled to our opinions, and most everyone has a pretty good reason for feeling the way that they do about the world.
I wasn't sure if I was reading a review of Raiders or some sort of Middle Eastern editorial, but I wasn't understanding how Indy and the present mess over in the neighborhood had any real connection.
I hate to say it (believe me, I do), but it's not Hollywood over there right now.
And as far as blatantly racist films go, I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that this guy has never seen "The Goonies."
Maybe I'm getting way off track with this, but I thought that I would share it.
One of my best friends, stationed over in Japan, shared with me a reportedly true story she had heard from her studies in the ongoing mess between Israel and Palestine.
It seems that there was a sick/dying/otherwise in-not-so-great-shape infant that was rescued by a Palestinian couple, and was brought around again by an Israeli doc and his assistants.
The kid was adopted, and was named "Peace."
I wish that I could share more details, but the moral of the story is; there are good people over there on both sides, it's just that they're not the ones in charge.
Hmph.
Let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com