Woodrow Wilson was a fan...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from user-2iveuuk.dialup.mindspring.com (165.247.123.212) on Thursday, March 14, 2002 at 6:36am :

In Reply to: Humm... posted by Fall Guy from pool0068.cvx40-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net (216.244.42.68) on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 at 4:35pm :

It was like writing history with a lightning bolt, right? The alternate title for Birth of a Nation was "The Klansman". Reason #452 Hollywood should never be entrusted with teaching history to future generations.
-graml
PS Woodrow Wilson was no saint himself. Read up on his foreign policy (especially in Latin America) and you'll get an image of a flawed hero that America seems to spawn in excess.

: Well, I remember it like it was yesterday. The Iran hostage affair was still fresh on everyone's mind, and people were cheering in the theater when... HEY WAIT A MOMENT! Who said something like that? ;)

: Seriously, I don't agree fully what the good man is saying there, but I do see some of his points. However, the Indy film's "cheerful stereotyping" with the occasional hint of racism is nothing compared to something as offensive as 'The Birth of a Nation'!
: FG

: : http://www.mdle.com/ClassicFilms/FeaturedVideo/birth4.jpg
: :
: :

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )