I'm glad they are taking the guns out

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Forrestal from kenobi.regeringen.se (194.52.220.132) on Thursday, March 14, 2002 at 6:11pm :

In Reply to: Right... Rethinking ET PC posted by Calixar from ? (216.245.20.34) on Thursday, March 14, 2002 at 5:57pm :

It makes no sense to chase an adorable alien who can levitate with small arms! SAMs are needed.
-Forrey
PS: Spike traps must be outlawed.

: While I still think some of the changes to ET are silly and pointless, I've changed my mind on the thing with the guns... but I still don't agree with the reason they're doing it.

: Back in the 80's men got a bad rap in movies. Women and children were good guys, men were bad guys. Especially government men.
: Now, in the aftermath of Waco and Ruby Ridge we have reason to doubt the integrity of the ATF and so-forth, but dammit, back in the 80's it pissed me off that there were always these cold, non-descript males waving guns around at the smallest thing.
: Why would they even have their guns out! Of course, they have them, holstered under their jackets, but we've got a child with a dwarvish, anteater man with four-inch legs in the basket of his bicycle! It's absurd to show them waving their guns around.
: Screw the PC element of it, it's a subtle, yet inflammatory statement that men are the bad guys.
: End of rant.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com