What if...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jimmie from dialup-65.58.222.89.Dial1.Portland1.Level3.net (65.58.222.89) on Saturday, March 16, 2002 at 9:05pm :

In Reply to: Marcus Brody, the original Indiana Jones? posted by Shawnkara from spider-mtc-th052.proxy.aol.com (64.12.102.42) on Saturday, March 16, 2002 at 7:24pm :

Marcus only said that he would go after it himself because, despite any/all stories Indy might have brought back over the years (magic/supernatural/abnormal), he was just so excited about what could be such an important artifact?

I mean, the "Shawnkara" :) stones, really, WERE only magic rocks, to what was then a very far-off and exotic people. But anyone who was religious, or had read the bible for any reason, knew what the ARK OF THE COVENANT was. It was something close to home....so to speak....

Or I could even say that Marcus ALSO hated the Nazi's, and would have gone after it just to spite Hitler....?

And one of my most HATED scenes in the Indy films is poor Marcus on the cliff edge, after Indy had "gone over" with the tank, waving his finger about with a look as if he were a second grader trying to figure a trig problem....ugh!

just a coupla thoughts...good points in your post!!

Jimmie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com