Re: A short fuse is more like it? Yep, you're right

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace208.utsi.edu (150.182.24.208) on Thursday, March 21, 2002 at 4:40pm :

In Reply to: A short fuse is more like it. posted by Fall Guy from pool0066.cvx22-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net (209.179.198.66) on Thursday, March 21, 2002 at 3:21pm :

Like I said above, stop taking everything written to you as a personal attack. Nobody is insisting about anything. Nobody is calling you a liar. Why would you think Micah has a hidden secret passion when all this is is an extremely difficult and expensive item of IndyGear folks have been trying to find, and his Dad was nice enough to pick one up for him? It's just gear, and a nice one as well. I understand your post, but PLEASE try and understand where I'M coming from as well. Regards. Michaelson

: I explained what my post meant TWICE. You still insist on interpreting it some other way. What shall I make of this? Don't you believe me?
: The whole thing came only about because I was so astonished to find out that Micah had hidden his secret passion for collecting guns from us (me). I thought he might abandon Indyfan! ;)
: FG
: PS: I didn't say there were "gun nuts" (yep, your words, not mine) hanging out at IndyGear. I said "fans".
: PPS: Contrary to popular belief I don't object to gun collecting by qualified individuals.
:

:
: : You have a hair trigger, don't cha? re-read your post without putting the material between the lines and see what you get. It can be read a couple different ways, and for folks who don't know us, it does read like an anti-gun gaff, as well as one that hints that the gun nuts who hang out at IndyGear will just LOVE this particular post. (yep, my words, not yours). Chill out there, old friend. It's getting to the point if anyone says anything contrary to what is written is attacking you personally, and that's just not the case, or at least not from anything I've ever written to you. If that's how it's understood, it has never been my intention, and I apologise for that misunderstanding . Like I said, one has to see if a post can be read more than one way, and this one was to me. Regards. Michaelson

: :
: : : I agree.
: : : For crying out loud, have I ever questioned that Indyfan is the place that started it (anti/pro/contra/counter/madness) all? Show me where I made such a frivolous claim.
: : : As for my post up there, you are all making way too much of it, and you're not listening. It wasn't an attack, merely a humorous comment. At least I thought so...
: : : So, will Micah show off his new collector's item at COW? ;)
: : : FG

: : : When reading Fall Guy's posts, let's be specific out there.

: : :
: : : : ...all of us Indy 'gun fans' started out here at Indyfan.com first, remember? He's just added to his collection. I personally don't care for the Webley (and am on record here and at the IndyGear FAQ), but anytime somebody gets something new for their collection, I'm happy for them. Congratulations, Micah! Glad your collection continues to grow in our hobby. Regards. Michaelson

: : : :
: : : : : My post was not an anti-gun statement, but I was just alluding to the strong possibility that Micah would be greeted with open arms by the gun fans - many of whom reside at Club Obi Wan (which is why I had incorporated those three words into my so sadly misinterpreted post).
: : : : : FG
: : : : : PS: If you're still not clear on what I meant (or if you expect a reply to your defiant five-word claim), feel free to email me for further clarification. ;)
: : : : : :
: : : : : :

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )