Re: Amateur whipcracker

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan Borton from pm085-12.dialip.mich.net on February 15, 1998 at 22:45:30:

In Reply to: Re: Amateur whipcracker posted by Dale Dassel on February 15, 1998 at 14:37:54:

Thanks agian Dale. No doubt Raiders of the Lost Ark, played a large part in getting me started with whips, as it did with many of today's whip crackers. However I started a couple years after Raiders came out. In fact it was around the time of The Temple of Doom when I actually started getting serious about it. (so that would be closer to 14 years ago)

Defiantly try out that Pole trick when you get a chance, I think you will find it helpful. Not only will it give you a more reliable target holder, but it also works well for performing wrap arounds.

I remember the making of Batman Returns. Anthony DeLongis did a couple neat tricks during his segment. If you liked that performance, you would really like " The Art of the Bullwhip". There are some things in that tape that are outstanding.

By the way, have you had a chance to check out the Bullwhip FAQ at http://www.juggling.org/help/circus-arts/bullwhip.html. If not you might want to check it out, there is some good helpful information there, including a few AVIs you can download. Talk to you Later, take care.

Dan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]