Doesn't really matter how, it's the company that you keep.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Operator Jake from 206-13-102-132.ded.pacbell.net (206.13.102.132) on Friday, March 29, 2002 at 4:52pm :

In Reply to: Indy poll! posted by Forrestal from ? (204.254.4.2) on Friday, March 29, 2002 at 2:24am :

I've found that the best way to watch Raiders was with my long-suffering fiancee, who had never really heard of Indy before, let alone seen the movie.
Once while I was paying her a visit, I insisted that she see it with me. I thought that perhaps it would help her to understand me better.
Cuddled together on her couch, I learned something else about her, a trait that I had never known of before that I just cherish.
She isn't your typical modern lady. She can't stand to watch the scary stuff, and needs you to hold her tightly and close until it's over.
I learned this the hard way when our hero discovered the tarantulas crawling over his jacket. She sort of curled up tighter and turned her lovely face away.
Taking the hint from there, I made sure to warn her when Forrey was about to make his appearance, the fate of Sapito, the (rather uncalled for) gaping bullet hole in the head of the Mongolian, and so on and so forth.
To boot, she also found it hard to sit still when Barracca was pulling his gun, when Toht was preparing to use the red-hot poker on Marion, and the cobra saying "Hi" when Indy fell in front of him. I guess I wasn't clear enough when I told her that the good guys were going to win in this one.
Wow, I've met a lady who isn't desensitized to this stuff, and I like it no end.
I know that some of the stuff in Indy flicks scared me silly as a kid, especially the fate of the bad guys who didn't close their eyes when they should have. I made doubly sure that she took Indy's advice when he gave it.
THAT'S the way to watch Raiders, folks.
As far as Indy being on the tube, yes--I'll be on it if I can. It's silly, I suppose, but in the back of my mind, I think that if someone somewhere somehow is checking to see how many people are catching the broadcast, it's as though I'm helping to support the cause.
Can you dig it?
Let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com