Is there any interest in a new line of 1:18 scale(4 inch) Indy action figures?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Vogel from spider-te073.proxy.aol.com (152.163.195.208) on Friday, March 29, 2002 at 9:04pm :

I'm working on many Custom Items right now. Particularly from Last Crusade--since there was no legitimate toy line associated with that film. These figures are completely compatible with the Ultimate Soldier "X-treme Detail" line of 4 inch WWII figures.

Basically, the size of the figures are Larger than the old-school 3 3/4inch Kenner ones, but smaller than the Disney exclusive 4 1/4inch Indy.

Anyway, I'm creating from scratch new Body sculpts of Indy, Henry and the whole gang. I'll also be creating Action figure card-backings to display with the figures.

Since the figures will be cast from a mold, I will easily be able to produce a small quantity of them at little expense. I've seen many 1:6 scale(12inch) Custom Indy and Henry figures that seem to be very sought-after by collectors. I'm wondering if the demand is there for the smaller figures as well. If so, I'm thinking of selling a small assortment to those interested.

I understand all the copyright infringment laws-- therefore these will be made and sold purely from one collector to another with no Lucasfilm licensing claims implied or expressed.

Follow the link enclosed to see some of the accessories I'm in the process of creating:
1) Motorcycle and sidecar(Shown with German driver and passenger)
2) Hatay Tank(shown unfinished-lacks weathering and detailing)
3) Hatay Kubelwagen(unfinished-lacks canvas top)

Also pictured is a custom Henry Jones Sr. figure. I'm currently only working on his head and hat... the body you see those connected to is from a vintage Endor Han Solo Star Wars figure. The new Body sculpt will be the correct 1:18 scale of Henry in his Grey Tweed suit. The hat is just a raw latex casting I did to check the sizing--it has no detailing yet.

Articulation points will be as follows: Neck, shoulders, biceps, elbows, wrists, waist, hips, thighs and knees. Basically it will have the same articulation as the new wave of Ultimate Soldier XD Paratroopers.

I'll post more pics of the figures and packaging as I complete them. Let me know what you guys(and girls) think.

-Vogel
InsaneFilm@aol.com

Coming soon: Pics of my New Indy Figure with authentic removable lambskin "Wested-style" jacket. The prototype was actually made from a swatch of Wested Leather!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com