A report.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MK from dialup-63.210.121.222.Dial1.LosAngeles1.Level3.net (63.210.121.222) on Sunday, March 31, 2002 at 1:05pm :

In Reply to: Tonight: RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK on the big screen L.A. posted by MK from dialup-63.209.91.86.Dial1.LosAngeles1.Level3.net (63.209.91.86) on Saturday, March 30, 2002 at 2:04pm :

It's always good to see Raiders on the big screen and it's always good to see it with gear heads.

I hooked up with Indy French and Indiana Dog at the Rialto Theatre last night. We figured it would be pretty dead since AMC has been showing Raiders all month. We obviously under estimated the affection people still have for Indiana Jones. There were a dozen or more fedoras present. I use the term fedora very loosely. Some looked more like modified cowboy and outback hats. Half the guys in the crowd wore leather jackets. More than a few heads were turned by PB's and true Indiana Jones jackets. Indiana Dog's girlfriend even had this cute little purse that looked more than a little like a diminutive Mkv-II bag (are you reading this ITG?).

A couple walked up and asked where we got our gear. I turned towards them and the guy asked "Hey, are you MK?" It turned out to be Chamorro. We were happy to meet a fellow Indyfan and thanked him for posting about the screening.

He had a Wested lambskin that he had hand aged that looked very nice. He had just used the brick colored Meltonian shoe cream on his Aldens that day. He said they used to be the pumpkin that the new Aldens come in. The light was less than great, but they looked to be a very good color. It was readily appearent that we had met a kindred spirit. I am sure we will see Chamorro at many more of our outings.

The movie theatre had quit a history. It originally ran silent movies in the twenties. The architecture was a deep contrast from the crepe paper looking multiplex approach. It was truly beautiful. The sound was just ok and the lamp could have definitely been bright for my taste, but it didn't diminish the pleasure of seeing our favorite movie.

It is good to see Raiders with an audience. I have the movie practically memorized. The crowd cheered, laughed and hissed in all the right places and I get to experience it through new eyes.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com