Indy Jones' Swan Song?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ultraman Tiga from ts009d12.las-nv.concentric.net on February 16, 1998 at 02:04:59:

Someone posted recently about the future of Jones, and I both agree and somewhat agree - things haven't looked this bad since the gap between "Temple" and "Crusade"!

There are still two books on the way - 'Secret of the Sphinx' - which may well be Jones swan song as far as original-adventure stories go - but there is also 'Fielding's Indy Survival Guide' to look forward to and even though it may not have much to do with Our Man Jones, it looks like it will be a lot of fun.

In the meantime - there are some interesting Indy-Jones-A-Likes out there to catch - Jackie Chan's 'Operation Condor' (aka Armor of God 2) is recent on video and the best Indy-inspired (read: NOT A RIP OFF, but definately inspired) film I've ever seen. Also, I have seen 1993's 'Godzilla Vs. Mothra' which has an incredible 'Raiders' homage at the beginning (an artifact hunter is in Thailand robbing a temple that comes crumbling down around him - some of the camera angles are direct copies of the classic Indy intro - this character later is hired to lead the expedition to recover Mothra' gaint egg!).

If Indy 4 does come to fruition - we may yet be rejoicing (but it seems increasingly unlikely every day, doesn't it?). Oh well, there are still the 'Young Indy videos' which are sure to eventually happen regardless of a fourth movie.

After that, it may be time to bid our favorite hero farewell, and let the Bond movies once again pump up our thirst for two-fisted adventure (that last one was pretty damn good, I must say)!

TIGA

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]