Re: Indy was a Confederate sympathizer?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from 27-209.colcpe.cableone.net (24.116.27.209) on Friday, April 05, 2002 at 6:39pm :

In Reply to: Indy was a Confederate sympathizer? posted by Brett Maverick Lambert from edtntnt10-port-123.dial.telus.net (161.184.202.123) on Friday, April 05, 2002 at 5:38pm :

: : ....Southern Gentleman due to this pic of two things dear to my heart. The rebel flag and the great equalizer. Guns are a part of life here in the South, and Indy would have found refuge here if he were around in 2002. Ya don't think he would have lived where guns were verboten do ya? He would have migrated south, or perhaps west to cowboy country, where common sense abounds and folks still recognize that bad people commit murder, and to blame it all on a piece of iron is about as stupid as you can get. Fall Guy's choice of weapons consists of a 3000 lb automobile. If he were to see me, and do a hit and run, would you outlaw all cars, or maybe just little sport cars like his.( or would you stand and cheer) A car can be just as fatal as a gun, in the wrong hands. Rotten folks do rotten things, but I have never met a gun that on its own, ever killed anyone. I know it isn't terribly pc, but hey, WHY DON'T WE JUST GET RID OF THE ROTTEN SONS OF BITCHES, AND LEAVE THE GUNS ALONE. Actually, we don't want to solve the problem. We would rather punish everyone for the sins of a few. I just hope the next Indy film isn't devoid of firearms, and justified mayhem. Surely, they won't sanitize Indy to fit into the current pc mode. God help us if they do. Fedora

: Are you still angry over Lincoln signing the Emancipation Proclamation? :p

: P.S. - Indy fights for the Union! He's a TR/FDR-liberal. ;)

No, but what really makes me angry is thinking about native Africans selling their own race to Dutch slave traders. Slavery is wrong, but it is also wrong to ignore the African connection in the birth of slave trade. Shouldn't they also be held responsible???? Wonder why we only condemn one side??? Oh, I forget, this is one of the things we are not supposed to question. Personally, I have always liked the "whole story", not just the paraphrase parts. It is truly amazing what serious study will yield in the historical field. But, paraphrasing is less painful. Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com