Well, just finished reading "The Seven Veils" last night............

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Operator Jake from 206-13-102-132.ded.pacbell.net (206.13.102.132) on Saturday, April 06, 2002 at 2:27pm :

Again, I suppose that it really would help to be able to read these books in order.........
I haven't read any "horrible" books in the series yet, but this one has got to be at the bottom of the pile somewhere.
Maybe I'm naive, but when I see Dr. Jones on the cover in his "Temple" ensemble, swinging a machete and a whip around, I'd like to read a little more action than what we were getting with this one.
Not as though I bought this book just for the cool cover, it was the one a teammate selected for me when he went downtown a few months ago.
Again, maybe it was just me, but the ending of the book seemed so rushed, as though Rob MacGregor was compelled to cram one hundred pages of stuff into twenty.
Although Indy's brush with death was pretty interesting........
Anyone else read this one?
I've got "The Philosopher's Stone" in my locker next. I hope after reading this one, "Dino Eggs" (where I started), "Hollow Earth," and "Secret of the Sphinx" will make a little more sense.
Let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com