Please correct me if I'm wrong...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0011.cvx22-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net (209.179.198.11) on Monday, April 08, 2002 at 9:03pm :

In Reply to: New Deluxe Fed... posted by Fedora from 27-237.colcpe.cableone.net (24.116.27.237) on Monday, April 08, 2002 at 7:54pm :

I believe that loden is actually a material, not a color. Loden can have many colors. It's a thick, woolen cloth, originally from Tyrol (Austria). However, the famed Austrian adventurer (and so much more) Heinrich Harrer discovered that people in the Himalayas in the Golden Thirties were wearing heavy, loden-like clothing. I'm sure a history nut like yourself (wink wink) will appreciate such trivia.
FG
PS: Harrer was played by Brad Pit in Seven Years In Tibet. And Pitt was even wearing a snazzy hat! :p

Here is another example of historical loden clothing:

: Ron at Hatsdirect has us a deluxe version of the Fed. It is made of the Heritage line of felt(their highest quality), dimensional cut brim, brown double bow ribbon, and a new brown color called Loden. It is close to the Miller in color, but with less red. regards, Fedora
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com