Virgil Jones, the original Indiana Jones? (here in TX)...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Texas girl from sdn-ar-001txfworP261.dialsprint.net (168.191.176.23) on Tuesday, April 09, 2002 at 0:53am :

A friend of mine was telling me about how when he was a kid his grandma told him (back in the 1980s) about the "Real" Indiana Jones. According to my friend's grandma, the character of Indiana Jones was based off of a guy named Virgil Jones who was at one point in his life searching for the Ark of the Covenant. My friend proceeded to tell me that Virgil Jones lives/lived right here in Arlington, TX but Virgil doesn't want to be associated with the character of Indiana Jones. My friend's grandma evidentally was friends with Virgil years ago. I told my friend, "You're joshing me." ("joshing" means "kidding" just in case you've never heard that word.) I seriously thought he was kidding with me because he's always pulling the wool over my eyes in some form or another. However, he was dead serious about this, so I go and pull out my phone book. There's like 3 Virgil Joneses in there.

So I'm coming to the experts (you and you and you and...) Has anyone here ever heard of this person Virgil Jones?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com