Are you joshing me?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0692.cvx22-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net (209.179.200.182) on Tuesday, April 09, 2002 at 1:23am :

In Reply to: Virgil Jones, the original Indiana Jones? (here in TX)... posted by Indiana Texas girl from sdn-ar-001txfworP261.dialsprint.net (168.191.176.23) on Tuesday, April 09, 2002 at 0:53am :

So you're saying that Virgil Jones is to Indiana Jones as James Bond (the ornithologist) is to Ian Fleming's James Bond (the spy). As for neither Mr. Jones nor Mr. Bond wanting to have anything to do with his famous counterpart, I guess they weren't cleocentric and not interested in stellification. Or maybe they suffered from kakorrhaphiophobia (fear of failure - just in case you've never heard that word)?
FG

: A friend of mine was telling me about how when he was a kid his grandma told him (back in the 1980s) about the "Real" Indiana Jones. According to my friend's grandma, the character of Indiana Jones was based off of a guy named Virgil Jones who was at one point in his life searching for the Ark of the Covenant. My friend proceeded to tell me that Virgil Jones lives/lived right here in Arlington, TX but Virgil doesn't want to be associated with the character of Indiana Jones. My friend's grandma evidentally was friends with Virgil years ago. I told my friend, "You're joshing me." ("joshing" means "kidding" just in case you've never heard that word.) I seriously thought he was kidding with me because he's always pulling the wool over my eyes in some form or another. However, he was dead serious about this, so I go and pull out my phone book. There's like 3 Virgil Joneses in there.

: So I'm coming to the experts (you and you and you and...) Has anyone here ever heard of this person Virgil Jones?
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com