I'll just say this:

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0027.cvx21-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net (209.179.192.27) on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 at 12:46pm :

In Reply to: Stop sniping... posted by Micah [indyfan.com] on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 at 10:34am :

I just thought it was mildly humerous that Hitler was wearing a fedora in that picture. Is it sitting too tight or what? ;)
As for the second picture, I'm not gonna try to explain why I think it's funny, since I'm sure some people get the historical connection betwen Hitler and Ford (the car maker, not the actor).
And yes, pretty much everyone was wearing fedoras then, so Hitler wearing a contemporary hat was just a random coincidence, and not even an unlikely one. Therefore it's pretty obvious that MK has become a little paranoid (need I remind you of his recent claim regarding JuggleEwok?) and I'm sorry he's chasing ghosts. I myself find it somewhat difficult to seperate the satirical from the serious posts, so I can understand MK's confusion. I suggest that in the future, he should take his suspicions and accusations to "that other place" (Micah, I'd give him a link, but you know I can't do that).
As for walking away and cooling off, you know how it goes, but we all can try to do better.

FG

: I'm not sure if FG intended this post as a dig. If so, it's quite silly considering practically everyone wore fedoras at the time as well as our hero. Apparently MK took it as such and began another sequence of back-and-forths which I deleted. In the future practice some restraint, as you may be reading into the posts of the individual who you see as your adversary. In the past I have passed blame primarily to the person who "started it." Sometimes that can be ambiguous, as I can't always fully understand where both individuals are coming from. Now I'm thinking that those who "continue it" are just as much to blame for long threads of argument. In the future if you see an argument based on tired old divisions and personality conflicts, just walk away and cool off.

: --Micah
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL: