Add some love interest to the dispute!

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0027.cvx21-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net (209.179.192.27) on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 at 3:24pm :

In Reply to: 1955, twenty years after the Temple of Doom adventure posted by Forrestal from ittgs002.ittkokusai.co.jp (210.239.161.3) on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 at 2:59pm :

This is what we got:

a) The Indy/Shorty relationship sets the background story and makes the characters at least somewhat character-driven. That makes for a better story.
b) The chase is the McGuffin that drives the action we all want to see.
c) The love interest can make for twists and turns and a pleasing finale. Not to mention the ususal damsel in distress antiques...

But we need one more thing: a main villain.

FG

: Indiana Jones and Short Round's paths cross. Indy and Shorty are now bitter rivals, even mortal enemies. The ultimate chase is on between the fomer mentor and his student! Who will win fame and glory? Will they fight to the death, or will they reconcile?
: -Forrey

: : When I saw that picture I imagined Hitler in one of those "great white hunter" victory poses over a dead rhino or something.
: : Another idea I had was a different spin on 'Face/Off'. Indy and Hitler trade faces similar to Travolta and Cage in John Woo's movie. Now Indy must save face. If that's not comical... ;)
: : FG
: : :
: : :

: :

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )