Let's try that one again......

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Operator Jake from 206-13-102-132.ded.pacbell.net (206.13.102.132) on Thursday, April 11, 2002 at 7:22pm :

In Reply to: Good pool, Forrey. posted by Operator Jake from 206-13-102-132.ded.pacbell.net (206.13.102.132) on Thursday, April 11, 2002 at 7:09pm :

Real heroes?
Well, I've always had a thing for famed high school disciplinarian Joe Clark; who pretty much singlehandedly turned around East Side High, New Jersey from a drug and violence filled institution into a halfway decent place.
The bullhorn and the Louisville Slugger are comparable to a Fedora and a bullwhip, I'm thinking.
Also, Hunter "Patch" Adams is a great man to me. The movie didn't do justice to the compassion of the doctor, and his cause is still going.
Fred Rogers, of neighborhood fame, also makes my list of folks that I'm glad our world has. An ex-Marine sniper with the dubious honor of many confirmed enemy kills, he devoted his life to educating and caring for children when one of his buddies was killed. I'm not sure quite how the events jived together, but I respect what the pursuit became.
He's not so much a hero to me as just someone that I admire; Edward Teach, better known as "Blackbeard." I admired the way that he rose from common sailor to the most feared man on the colonial coast, lived as he believed, and finally went out in one of the most die-hard fashions in the history books. I suppose that I don't have as much of a problem with him as I should due to the fact that the colonial government was every bit as corrupt as the pirates they tracked down and hung in chains.
Eleanor Roosevelt, Winston Churchill, T.E. Lawrence, my list could go on for awhile, but there you have the major folks.
Let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com